Many denture-wearers believe that they do not need to meet with a dentist unless they have a problem with their dentures. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The truth is that dentures should be professionally cleaned at least once each year. Our dental hygienist, Ashlee Syme, offers these professional cleanings to make sure that your dentures remain in good condition. To learn more about mobile denture cleaning in Salt Lake Valley, Utah, and schedule your appointment at Journey Dental, call us today at 801-477-6333.
Over time, dentures can build up calculus or become stained, just like your natural teeth. Our team has the equipment needed to remove stains and calculus from your dentures and keep them looking clean so that you can enjoy a beautiful and healthy smile. During these denture cleanings, our team will also inspect your dentures to determine if any additional maintenance, such as a denture reline, is needed.
We also have a few tips on ways you can care for your dentures at home:
- Do not try to make adjustments to your dentures on your own. This may damage your dentures.
- Clean your dentures daily using a denture cleaning product. Do not clean your dentures with toothpaste or soak them in bleach, as this can change their color and may cause your dentures to wear down.
- Do not try to remove stains on your own, including using nail files or teeth whitening products. This may damage your dentures.
- Rinse your dentures in cold water. Do not use hot water or put your appliance in a dishwasher.
- When not wearing dentures, cover them in water or with a denture cleaning solution.
- If your dentures become damaged, loose or broken, schedule an appointment with our team as soon as possible to have them checked.
If you have any questions about denture cleaning or maintenance, call our team today!